We would like to thank you for your support for the past year. Your questions, concerns, suggestions, ideas and fundraising support has assisted in making Allan A Greenleaf a wonderful place for our children to learn.
This last year has been a busy one. We were able to raise funds through Pizza days and Poinsettia Sales to support many initiatives within the school. Some examples include, ‘Scientists in the Schools’ for many grades, subsidizing field trips, busses, dance workshops, purchasing manipulatives and equipment for some classrooms, dvds to support cultural learning in French, Graduation, frames, plaques and most recently supporting the installation of the newest playground equipment.
There is so much more to School Council than fundraising.
This school year, we…….
- Met monthly where we discussed what is happening throughout the school both inside and outside the classrooms, the community, and the school board.
- Hosted six Family Movie Nights for the school community.
- Provided the opportunity to show school spirit through the Spirit Wear campaign.
- Celebrated Staff Appreciation Week by thanking the staff with daily surprises and a Potluck Dinner.
- Supported and presented two Grade 8 students with Citizenship Awards at Graduation.
- Welcomed new parents at the JK Information Night.
- Gave a bike away to a lucky student with the support of Little Caesars.
- Volunteered at Ribfest in the Beer tent.
- Collected used recess equipment for classrooms.
You are welcome and encouraged to participate in the School Council. Whether as a voting member or just to observe at a meeting. You are also encouraged to participate in any of our events and activities. You do not need to be a voting council member to volunteer or support any of our initiatives. Anytime you can commit to support our children, staff and school is appreciated.
Visit our webpage at http://www.aagschoolcouncil.com
Or e-mail us at email@example.com
Mark Your Calendars :
AAG Celebrates (meet the teacher event) ~ Thursday September 15th 2016 5:00 – 7:00
First School Council Meeting ~ Thursday September 22nd 7:00 (Library)
Join us for this month’s Free Family Movie Night. Make sure to bring in your food bank donations for a chance to win the door prize.
Movie: Charlotte’s Web
Date: Friday, June 3, 2016
Doors Open: 6:30 pm
Movie Starts: 7:00 pm
Location: School Gymnasium
Concessions (cash only): Popcorn, pop & juice boxes.
- Bring your sleeping bags and pillows or something soft to curl up on the floor, or chairs will be available if you prefer.
- Family movie nights are not staff supervised events, so all children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Any donations of non-perishable items would be greatly appreciated but are not required. All donations received will be given to the Flamborough Food Bank. Everyone who brings a donation has a chance to win a door prize.
If you have a suggestion or request for a future movie night, please email the council at firstname.lastname@example.org